<"www.FumblesMcStupid.com" >

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Damnit, Jim! I'm a Doctor Not a... Oh, Wait, I am a Doctor...


It's about god damned time that they came up with this thing. And by "they," I mean anyone other than me.

Some MIT-trained smart guy has come up with what is essentially a Hyprospray from Star Trek. The device uses a blast of low frequency ultrasound to penetrate the outer layer of skin, painlessly delivering the medicine to the comforting sound of fizzling soda. The patient feels a slight tingle, but that's it.

I really can't wait to see this thing in the wild. Though I've never really had a problem with needles, the idea that stabbing someone is the most efficient way to deliver medicine has always bothered me.

Anyway, the FDA approved this thing in August, so hopefully it'll make its way to local PCPs soon.

Read more about it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.