<"www.FumblesMcStupid.com" >

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Senate Meets in Closed Session to Discuss Intelligence, Libby

According to the Washington Post, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid forced the Republican controled Senate into a closed session to discuss the intelligence leading up the Iraq War and Scooter Libby's involvement in the CIA leak case.

Now, don't get me wrong; I love it when my boys in the Senate take any and all opportunities to piss off Republicans. But what the hell is a closed session going to accomplish?

I certainly hope no one over there really believes that just because they're out of the immediate public eye, the majority party is all of a sudden gonna start being truthful. Senate Republicans have been lying and spinning the truth for so long that I don't think they even know what it is anymore.

I dunno. I guess I should at least be happy that the media noticed the Senate doing something different today. I sometimes wonder whether any of the Washington correspondents have any idea how our government actually works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.