<"www.FumblesMcStupid.com" >

Friday, December 09, 2005

The New Blue Beetle

Newsarama has a couple of model sheets up for the new Blue Beetle.

They're definite interesting, but I'm not sure I follow artist Cully Hammer's logic on why the character needs armor if his powers are supposedly based on magic and mysticism.

I also don't know how much I dig the Mexican wrestler design of the mask, but I guess that's a bit of a clue as to the character's origin.

At the end of Day of Vengeance, the Blue Beetle Scarab landed somewhere in San Antonio, so it seems that this new guy might have some Mexican heritage. That'd be kinda nice, I think. I can't really think of many Hispanic superheroes in the DCU, save Mas Y Menos from the animated Teen Titans continuity.

Anyway, the new book premiers sometime during the One Year Later storyline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.