<"www.FumblesMcStupid.com" >

Monday, October 24, 2005

New DC Super Heroes Figures from Mattel

Yeah, today looks to be a mostly dork-related day. Things just go that way some times.

Moving on to the coolness, though, DC is finally putting some decent action figures out on the general market. Soon, the days of only being able to find a decent Superman figure through you local cesspool of nerdery comic shop will be happily gone.

The figures apparently won't be quite as detailed or articulated as the Marvel Legends line, but I'm cool with that. The preview pics posted on the below two Action Figure.com links prove that articulation isn't everything and that too much detail can be a bad thing. I'll just be happy to toss a Bizarro figure into the cart this Spring when I go on my weekly Target runs.

What do I do with these things, you ask? Well, I proudly use them as clutter in my office, thank you very much. You see, I don't dig having pictures of family and friends here at work. I like to keep that life completely separate, lest I start associating my only support structure with the utter despondency of my job. Surrounding myself with my escapist hobby keeps me dazily out of phase with reality long enough to get through the day.

Anyway, check out the new figures.

San Diego Comic Con: DC Superheroes
San Diego Comic Con: More DC Superheroes

Oh, and shut up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a 24 year-old man getting excited about toys. Nothing, damn it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.