<"www.FumblesMcStupid.com" >

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Lost 2x11 - "The Hunting Party"

Another great episode.

I guess they're all great, actually. Eh, whatever.

Comments, observations, and questions, ahoy!
  • Jack's got a reputation amongst the medical community, huh? That's interesting. It must have been at least a couple of years between the surgery and the end of his marriage, then.
  • Looks like his dad is either jealous or annoyed by what the Italian chick is saying. Probably both.
  • Michael took Locke out pretty easily, it seems. I guess Locke just wasn't expecting it. Either way, proves just how determined Michael is to get Walt back.
  • Still, though, I like how Jack immediately realized that Michael wasn't prepared to shoot any of the survivors, himself included. Michael's threatening to destroy the computer, instead, was a nice touch. Shows just how frightened of that thing they've all become.
  • Why did Jack throw such a fit about Kate coming along?
  • Kinda funny how casually he threw out that thing about Sawyer being in love with Kate. Sawyer's reaction was seemed pretty spot on for the character, too. I guess he does love Kate, eh?
  • Speaking of Sawyer, looks like his real name might be James Ford. I have my doubts, though. If I was a con-man and professional criminal on my way to a foreign country with the intention of committing murder, I somehow doubt I would make a plane reservation in my own name.
  • Jin and Sun seem to have reached something of an understanding with each about the state of their marriage. It was nice to see that Jin was willing to once again risk his life for Michael and Walt, but equally so that he was willing not to for the sake of Sun and his marriage. Do I smell character growth?
  • Somewhat related, I like how the producers keep the dialogue unintelligable when we're supposed to be hearing things from Jin's point of view. Helps identify with the character a bit more.
  • The bearded due from the boat is back. I like Sawyer's nickname for him. He does, in fact, look like a Zeke.
  • Anyway, Zeke sure did seem to know an awful lot about the survivors. That was kinda creepy.
  • I can't decide what I saw in Zeke's reaction to Jack's comment about Ethan, though. Part of me wants to say that he seemed concerned about the idea that they had found Ethan out, part of me wants to say that he was suprised to here where Ethan had run off to, and another part of me wants to say that he had no idea what Jack was talking about. The third part of me likes itself the best, I think, because that goes along with my theory that there are two seperate groups of "others" roaming around on the island.
  • The group, though, seems to be a definite "group," in that they seem to be emplying some pretty sophisticated communication, strategy, and organizational techniques. The wandering group that we saw fucking with the tailies seems to be more of the feral, crazy type.
  • Anywho, Zeke's choice of handgun was rather interesting. Looked to me like a P-08 Luger, which is a pretty difficult weapon by which to come. It coulda been a P-38, but I'm leaning toward the Luger. Little strange that the others would have vintage WWI and II German weaponry, eh?
  • Ok, so they can't go beyond that point on the island. If the others are really only "letting" them live in the island, why haven't they made themselves known sooner? Where's the justification for being pissed about someone invading your space if you don't make it know that it is, in fact, your space?
  • So, Jack's wife left him. He seemed pretty upset about it, but she didn't. How did Jack's need to fix things make it alright for her to cheat on him? I can see why Jack doesn't talk about her much. I wouldn't.
  • Jack also didn't seem to have his tatooes in this flashback. It was pretty obvious that they were covered with make-up since tatooes are really the actor's own that were worked in to the plot, but I wonder if that means that we'll be seeing his reasons for getting them, now. It is kinda strange for someone who is apparently a world renowned surgeon to have such strange and large body art.
  • Hehe, I just remembered that Sawyer seems to have gotten shot once again. Ok, well myabe not shot, exactly, but grazed, at least. Those crazy boat people are some good marksmen.
  • Nice work getting everyone caught, Kate. I'm not sure what other option Jack was gonna choose, but you didn't help matter very much. You're still hot, though, so I'll forgive you for now.
  • Zeke said "Bring her out, Alex," in reference to Kate. Alex, people. Yes, it looks like the French chick's daughter might chillin' with the Dharma folk. Speaking of, where the hell has Roussaeu benn lately? Same with Desmond, I guess.
  • And finally, for now anyway cause I'm tired of typing, it looks like Jack intends to build an army to confront The Others. I hope they include Eko and his Jesus Stick.
Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 19 January, 2006 23:28, Blogger Andre said...

The bible story is about Gideon and some jars I believe

 
At 20 January, 2006 16:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your reviews are so nice man. I come always here after watching the episode to see your interesting p.o.w.

btw, can you explain to me what does Zeke means? I'm spanish and i know the meaning of redneck (sawyer is one of them), but i'm lost about Zeke.

Thanks in advance!!

 
At 21 January, 2006 12:01, Blogger Arturius Boomaeus said...

Judging by the way Sawyer said it, Zeke was most likely a derogatory reference to the bearded guy looking like a backwoods, Appalachian hillbilly. The name Zeke is kind of stereotypical of that culture.

The common conception is that these people are generally violent, territorial, and of an isolationist nature. A good movie example would be Deilverance .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.