<"www.FumblesMcStupid.com" >

Thursday, December 01, 2005

At Least They're on the Right Track

I've been saying this ever since the first Roomba came out; it's nice, but it's not what I'd call a robot.

You see, in my mind, the only real robots are the ones that resemble those on tv: goofy-looking mechanical people with zany, poorly synthesized voices.

So, following this logic, a disc that vacuums my floor does not a robot make.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why someone out there just didn't combine a Roomba with one of those Robosapien things. Do that and bam, fucking Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons.

This swiffer bot from Bandai ain't quite that kewl, but at least it's a step in the right direction. It's just a shame that the thing is so god damned ghey looking.

The BN-17 does some other stuff too, like check your email and kill all humans keep you company. You know, standard robot stuff.

No word yet on pricing or availability, but I'm guessing that it'll be as expensive as it is stupid.

Via Engadget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.