<"www.FumblesMcStupid.com" >

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Hot-Feet McGee

I generally don't get too cold during the winter. A decent coat and maybe a scarf and pair of gloves keep me pretty warm. And my feet are usually so well insulated inside my standard fair work boots that they sweat if I have them on for any amount of time.

Still, there have been instances where I've frozen my ass off in some pretty dire conditions. A certain snow mobile adventure during a freak spring blizzard in Colorado stands out as the worst occasion, but the more common blite of poorly insulated ski boots is what I'm really thinking of here.

That's why I'm so totally fawning over the Austrian Footwarmer. Basically, it's an electric blanket for your feet. I'd explain it further myself, but I don't feel typing that much. So, here's the description from the product page:
We ski in some awfully cold weather here in New Hampshire. It’s the feet that really suffer. Especially on that long ride up the chair lift! So I was intrigued when I spotted this ingenious Austrian heater for frigid feet being used by many of the European pros at our Loon Mountain races. A wafer-thin, flexible, insole-heating element slips into each boot, connected with a flat wire to a removable battery pack outside your boots.

Select one of three heat settings covering a 99-158° temperature range. Instantly, a flood of soothing warmth surges to your toes and the balls of your feet. So you can toast your toes, or choose sustained moderate heat depending on the wind chill that day. Ski for up to 10 hours between recharges, depending on setting (recharger included). Installs in less than 5 minutes (trim mylar insole to fit). Battery pack clips to top of boot, or over existing velcro boot straps. Easily moveable from ski boots to everyday Winter boots.
Really, the only reason I haven't already bought these things is the 130 dollar price tag. Sometimes it really sucks being a cheapr fucking bastard...

Via UberGizmo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.