<"www.FumblesMcStupid.com" >

Thursday, September 29, 2005

NOAA's Still Expecting More Hurricanes

It's been kind of a slow morning for me. The internet seems a bit empty today and I've been having a hard time keeping occupied. So hard, in fact, that I've resorted to reading my home-town local newspaper again. I usually scan it every couple of days to see if any of my friend from high school got arrested again, but I only actually read the thing when there is absolutely nothing else to do.

Anyway, here is an article about NOAA (and yes, pronounce it as a word and not a string of letters) predicting more severe tropical weather in October.

Now, for those of you who didn't grow up in the heatbox spin cycle that is South Florida, news like that is kind of a big deal. During the summer months in Ft. Lauderdale the weather is like clockwork. Everyday at 3pm is rains like it's the end of the world. By 4pm, the sky is blue again. Come October, though, rain is rare, and severe rain, as associated with a tropical storm or hurricane, is almost unheard of - until recently, that is.

This news, frankly, sucks, as my best friends are getting married, basically on the beach, in Ft. Myers in the middle of October.

My only comfort(?) here is that having once worked for NOAA, I have intimate knowledge of just how disfunctional it actually is.

So there's a good chance that they're just talking out their asses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.