<"www.FumblesMcStupid.com" >

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Brookstone: Taking Stupid People's Money

It seems that more and more lately, my focus here tends to lean toward incredibly stupid products. I suppose it's just luck that I chose Fumbles McStupid as a name rather than something more in line with my original intent; to keep from shitting myself out of sheer boredom.

That said, let's take a look at today's waste of technology, brought to us, of course, by one of the industry's two biggest overpriced gimmick technology stores, Brookstone (In case you were wondering, the other store is The Sharper Image).

The Radar Pitch Baseball is a baseball that clocks its own speed. The thing has a non-replaceable battery that'll last about 60k pitches, an 80ft range, and a maximum speed clock of 120mph.

That's all well and good, but mysteriously absent in the description of features is any mention of this thing's ability to be used as a baseball. It makes sense, I guess. The Radar Pitch would cost a whole lot more than 25 bucks if its internals could repeatedly resist the impact of a bat.

I gotta ask, though, are they really asking people to buy a baseball that can only be pitched and not hit? Seems kinda stupid to me. But, then again, so do all sports.

Really, though, I don't know what I expected from a store that actually sells $200 laser pointers. If there's a good supply of morons out there who don't value their money, why not do them a favor and take it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.