<"www.FumblesMcStupid.com" >

Friday, August 26, 2005

Random Thought


Say I hire you to do something for me.

I send you a contract along with the explicit instructions that the thing must be signed and returned in order for you to get paid. You don't send it back, but I know you're working.

Several weeks go by and I send you the contract again, this time with an amended statement of work. Again, I send it with explicit instructions stating that I now need both the original contract (you know, that thing you ignored from before) and the amended statement of work signed and returned in order for you to get paid. You send back only the amendment.

Several months pass and it's time for you to get paid. I'm a nice guy and I want this to be as simple as possible, so I send you the original contract again, this time with a prepared invoice, both of which need only be signed and returned in order for you to get paid. You send back only the invoice.

Now I ask you, do you still deserve to get paid?

I say no, and that maybe this little exercise'll learn you to follow some simple god damned instructions.

Apparently, though, I'm wrong.

And that's why god kills puppies.

2 Comments:

At 27 August, 2005 14:38, Blogger Andre said...

Ah yes, the general dumbosity of clients...

 
At 28 August, 2005 23:03, Blogger Arturius Boomaeus said...

Damn straight, foo'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.