<"www.FumblesMcStupid.com" >

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Ah, Milk. The Creamy Lactose Avenger...

Milk is cool again, I guess. The Seminole County, FL public school system thinks so, at least.

Partnering with T.G. Lee Dairy, the county school board introduced a new initiative to encourage its students to eat healthier, this year. Apparently, the only thing they really did was change the packaging of the milk they sell in the school cafeterias. Oh, they also added strawberry flavored milk too.

They cite some study that claims kid buy more milk, and thusly have a healthier, more balanced diet, if the milk is packaged in the flashier plastic mini-jugs rather than the standard paper carton.

I can dig, I guess. Colorful plastic is cooler than two-toned paper, but it seems kinda half-assed to me. If I was gonna do something to improve the kids' diets, I'd probably start by not serving french fries and tater tots with every meal.

Read more about it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.